Thursday, January 10, 2013

Introducing Tids & Bits Vintage!

I did it!

It's been a long time coming...at first it was just an idea which I hesitantly shared only with the Hubster.  And then, a little more bravely with my brother.  And then...slowly I began sharing with friends.

I love all things vintage.  I love finding an item that has history.  An item which might have been once mass-produced, but has been discarded for decades, and now seems fresh and new and exciting.  I love the process of hunting down exactly the item that I want to bring into my home and my daily life.  It might be pretty, and I might value it solely for looks, but chances are that if it's in my home it's functional and meant to be used.

And, more and more I've come to see that I'm not the only one who values vintage goods in this way.  But, many people don't have the time to hunt down fun treasures for their home and office.  And many people like the idea of buying vintage, but don't have a clear vision of how to integrate it into their lives and homes.

And so, I very enthusiastically announce that I have opened...



Yes, I do realize that I only have four items listed.  :)

Rome wasn't built in a day, and I want to do this right.  Which means taking good photos that showcase the beauty of these vintage treasures.  So, slowly but surely, this shop will be growing and expanding until it is bursting at the seams with all kinds of wonderful, vintage, mid-century goodness.  I am only selling items which I truly love...things that I would want in my home...and often times things that I am drooling over.  Let me tell you, this is the hardest part!  I am constantly finding things I want to keep for myself instead of list in the shop.  But I spent last summer building inventory, and I cannot possibly bring all these fun things into my home permanently. 

So please feel free to browse and enjoy the fruits of my labor!  This shop is my baby and I'm so excited to share her with you.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment