Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 30 | For When Inspiration Fails You

I hate it when the Hubster asks the inevitable "so, what's for dinner?" and I have nothing.  Nada.  Zlich.  Can't seem to make my brain function and I couldn't even start to think of what I'd like to eat.

Sometimes I get my inspiration from a meal we both loved at a restaurant.  Sometimes it's just the usual comfort foods {pizza, burgers, or spaghetti for us}.  But when I feel like I'm in a rut and I just want something new and different I search the web for inspiration.  Here are some goodies:

Epicurious

Southern Living

Food & Wine

The Girls' Guide to Guns and Butter {the name makes me smile every time}

The Everyday Kitchen {one of my new favorite blogs}

Simple Bites {not just for moms!}

Petit Appetit {for when you're cooking for little ones}

Mennonite Girls Can Cook

Life in Grace {I love Edie's blog and her fearless use of butter and bacon fat.}

The Happy Home {my sister-in-law-to-be bakes some todiefor goodies}

So what about you?  Any good sites for inspiration when your mind draws a blank?

Check out the other 31 Dayers here.

No comments:

Post a Comment