Saturday, October 15, 2011

Day 15 | Heeeeeeeey, Sic 'Em Bears!

Have you noticed?  It's football season.


Today marks the end of an era.

Baylor and Texas A&M have battled each other in the Battle of the Brazos since 1899.  For some reason, A&M wants to leave over 100 years of tradition with it's sister Texas schools and join the SEC.

I'm really not a huge football fan, and let's face it, Baylor didn't have much of a football team while I was there.  I went to the games more to see the other teams play.  {Ha!}  My house is a house divided - the Hubster attended A&M and I went to Baylor.  Neither one of us is really what you could call school spirited - except for this one game every year.  Our child came out of the womb sucking his fingers like a Longhorn...so I'm not sure who he'll be cheering for.  ;)


But Baylor has a tremendous team this year!  And a fabulous quarterback to boot!

And since my weekend company happens to be of the Aggie variety, some heckling and tailgate inspired fare is required.  Plus we've brought in extra Bear support from our friends here in town.  I can't wait!

I haven't decided if I'm making beef chili or 3 pizzas.  I'm flying by the seat of my pants on this one.

There will definitely be hummus though.  Us Bears are a bit hooty-falooty in our tailgatin'.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment