Friday, January 10, 2014

What I Read in 2013::The List



I am astonished when I look back at the tremendous amount of books I read last year.  I've always been a voracious reader, and I usually have 3 or more books going at once.  But I think last year may have been record breaking.

There are a few changes I made which helped me plow through so many titles last year, but that is a post for another day.  This list is extensive, so I won't go into detail about why I liked each title.  I've tried to group them by similar categories so it's easier to browse.  I've also discarded any books which I didn't finish reading all the way through.  We read many, many, many children's books this year as well, which I will list in another post.

Deluxe: How Luxury Lost it's Luster by Dana Thomas

Parisian Chic by Ines De La Fressange

How To Look Expensive by Andrea Pomerantz Lustig

How To Dress for Success by Edith Head

Overdressed by Elizabeth Cline

A Return to Modesty by Wendy Shalit

Girls Gone Mild by Wendy Shalit

Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler

Scandilicious by Signe Johansen

It Starts With Food by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig

A Homemade Life by Molly Wizenberg

French Kids Eat Everything by Karen Le Billon

Bringing Up Bebe by Pamela Druckerman

Scandinavian Stitches by Kajsa Wikman

Yarn Harlot: The Secret Life of a Knitter by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

Free-Range Knitter: The Yarn Harlot Writes Again by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

Young House Love by Sherry and John Petersik

A Jane Austen Education by William Deresiewicz

The Well-Trained Mind by Susan Wise Bauer

The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading by Jessie Wise 

You Learn By Living by Eleanor Roosevelt

A Circle of Quiet by Madeleine L'Engle

Below Stairs by Margaret Powell

The Memoir Project by Marion Roach Smith

7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker

168 Hours by Laura Vanderkam

All the Money in the World by Laura Vanderkam

The $100 Startup by Chris Guillebeau

Do The Work! by Steven Pressfield

And the only two fiction books I read in 2013 that weren't of the children's variety...

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day by Winifred Watson

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

Clearly I favor non-fiction, but I very much loved the two novels I read this past year.  Now that I realize just how much I'm leaving fiction out, I'll be making a greater effort to include novels in my reading choices for 2014.

What about you?  What were your favorite reads in 2013?


1 comment:

  1. I read 7 just after we were evacuated from South Sudan. And I just loved it :)

    ReplyDelete