Friday, January 24, 2014

The Friday 5

Good morning friends!  I can't believe it's already Friday.  I am unbelievably excited about the cold weather in Texas!  True Texan right here...jumping up and down over the very slight chance of maybe having snow in South Texas.  Here's a quick roundup of some of my favorite recent reads.  Enjoy and stay warm!

1. Making my Bed by Emily A. Clark

I love how light and airy her room feels.  This is similar to how I envisioned our master bedroom once upon a time, before I got sidetracked with 2 babies and 2 dogs.  A girl can dream, right?

2. On Giftedness and Calling {5 Clues to Your Calling} by Edie @ Life in Grace

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="640"] image via Life in Grace[/caption]

Really, I do believe I love everything Edie has ever written.  She has written before on vocation, many times in fact, but this post is truly a masterpiece.  If you only get the chance to read one of these links, read this.

3. Oh Dear, Can He Breathe? by Sherry @ Young House Love

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="350"] image via Young House Love[/caption]

I'm loving this terrarium so much that I'm feeling the need to make my own!  I have a decidedly brown thumb, but if Sherry can make it work, maybe I can too?

4. National Handwriting Day by Darling Magazine

How did I not know there was such a day as National Handwriting Day?!?!  As a self-professed stationery freak this is right up my alley.

5. The Wardrobe Architect Series by Sarai at Coletterie

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="650"] image via Coletterie[/caption]

This is an ongoing series on finding and defining your personal clothing style, which is awesome and fun all on its own.  But I can totally see applying the series to interior design (or any kind of design really), using it as a tool to help you create an atmosphere which is uniquely you.  Intro, Week 1, and Week 2.  Make sure you check out the worksheets Sarai created.  Such a great resource!

What about you?  What have you read and loved this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment