Monday, January 27, 2014

Baby Moccasins

baby-mocs-top

I'm so excited to share these with you!  I love to knit and crochet and sew, but its so hard to find good chunks of uninterrupted time to work on those types of projects.  These were a long overdue project that took very little time to complete.

baby-mocs-bottom

I used a sport weight cotton yarn from Hobby Lobby (I Love This Cotton in Carousel Ombre).  The pattern is one I've used many times over the last few years from Linda Permann's Little Crochet: Modern Designs for Babies and Toddlers.

baby-mocs-closeup

Cotton is a great year round choice for our climate.  70 degrees one day and 30 degrees the next is pretty typical for Winter in South Texas, and while wool is breathable as well, the cotton is more forgiving on our frequent warm days.

baby-mocs-closeup-2

They're soft and cozy, and because they were quick to crochet I have that wonderful sense of accomplishment that comes with finishing what you start.  Funny how that feeling so often eludes me these days.  ;)

Have you recently finished a fun project?  Share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment