Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Words "Accident" and "Paint" Don't Usually Go Together But...

We had a happy accident while trying to decide what to paint the dining room.


These were the colors we tested...and I was up for testing even more, but the hubster was growing pretty weary of my paint color indecision.  One evening in passing I mentioned I really liked how the top two colors {Valspar Woodrow Wilson Putty and Olympic Silver Dollar} looked next to each other, but didn't like either one of them on their own.

He wasn't too fond of the Silver Dollar {though he did retract his mental institution statement} but mentioned he thought the Woodrow Wilson Putty looked good with the existing paint.  We had about a half of a pint left of Woodrow Wilson Putty from when we painted our master bedroom.  I suggested we try out a big horizontal stripe...since we weren't happy with the color we already had I felt we had nothing to lose.  If the strip was horrible, we'd do something else.

So the hubster measured carefully and we chalk-lined and taped.


And painted two coats.


And we love it.


LOVE IT.


And while we were doing this painting, Bethany suggested we paint the walls blue like my blog header...which I also love!  So now, instead of painting the dining room blue I have my eyes on this china hutch...


...which I have always wanted to paint but have been afraid to since this was my grandmother's.  And even though it's not in the best condition, I would be tremendously sad if I painted it and it turned out awful.  Even though my mom gave her blessing on any alterations to the furniture a long time ago {long...like years ago}, I'm not sure I have the guts to do this project.  I need to think on it some more before taking that leap.  But it's definitely on my "wish list" of projects for my home.

3 comments:

  1. I love you blogging. I really want to get started with my own blog but have no idea what I would talk about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! :) Glad you had a happy accident!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks y'all!

    Sara, it's good to hear from you! I haven't seen you in such a long time...we should try to get together for lunch or coffee or something soon. :)

    Michelle, I played with the idea of starting a blog for forever {ok maybe not forever...probably since we lived in California} but didn't know what I'd write about and was afraid I'd sound silly or something. Originally I thought it would be a nice way to keep up with Matthew as he grows, but it's becoming a really wonderful outlet for me...my grown up time where my sentences are echoed with more than "goooo" and "phthththt". You should totally give it a try...you'd be wonderful at it! :)

    ReplyDelete