Saturday, March 23, 2013

Why I Could Never Go Paleo {Todiefor Pasta Salad Recipe}


It seems like everyone (yes, everyone) is jumping on the Paleo bandwagon these days.  And while I have seriously considered doing a Whole30, pregnant and all, I find it easier to show you why I simply cannot see myself going Paleo long-term.

Enter the best pasta salad you've ever had.  Ever.

My Scrappy Pasta Salad {Yes, I used the word scrappy.  Think Monica Gellar scrappy...quick name that Friends episode!}

The Dressing
3/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tsp white vinegar
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dry mustard
1/8 tsp salt

Add all ingredients to food processor and process until nice and smooth.

The Salad
1/2 lb pasta of your choice (I used whole wheat gemelli)
1 carrot, shredded
1 cucumber, shredded
1 tomato, finely diced
1/8 cup green olives, sliced

Cook and drain your pasta.  Add remaining 4 ingredients and 1/2 cup-ish of The Dressing.  Chill and serve or be impatient like me and just dig in.  ;)



Goes fabulously with the best bread ever and a nice dab of butter.  And grab yourself some iced tea while you're at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment